Coaching Conversations

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jo Owens
    Keymaster

Coaching is a versatile tool for us all to utilise in everyday life as well as at work. Creating great coaching questions can really support a transition in someone’s behaviour, how they are feeling and can give a sense of control back to them. As leaders we don’t have all the answers, it is important that we listen to understand rather than respond, this concept is quite different. In the busyness of life we often respond reactively with the answer rather than taking a step back and really listening, focusing on the words, the feelings behind them and how they are conveyed.

It is important that we stand back and allow others to develop their own solutions to challenges they and their teams are facing, it isn’t a one size fits all approach. Through recent times, we have adapted considerably and our teams have looked to us for leadership, compassion, understanding however most of all a listening ear that can really understand how it feels.

Take time to listen and fully understand what people are saying to you, support them to develop their own solutions, own them and take action with you right beside them guiding them through. It would be good to hear others experiences.

Craig de Sousa
    Participant

I agree, Nicky, that adopting a coaching style really helps individuals find the skills to problem solve. Those key little nudges that come from good quality conversations can create the conditions for real innovation and confidence. I remember, vividly, my first conversation and initially I struggled as the approach felt alien. However, as time has progressed it really gave me a new skill of solving wicked problems in a way that worked for me. Rightly, some things didn’t always go to plan but that’s all part of learning! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.